TECHNIQUES AND EXERCISES
- 23 separate foot strokes.
- 18 individual hand movements
- Exercises to open and clean the meridians, minimising the impact
of your own bad posture and mental stress. This accumulation of
'sick Qi' may be linked with specific problems transferred from
- Further exercises to jump start the movement and cultivation
of 'healthy Qi' or 'vital energy' in the practitioners body.
- Breathing techniques and exercises.
- Understanding the historical roots of Chavutti.
- An overview of the body's energy system. The anatomy and physiology
that it is woven into.
- The philosophy which embodies the important theoretical principles
of working from a centre of gravity - in the 'lower datién'.
- This principle applied in practice to each movement in the sequence
through detailed analysis of body posture, co-ordination of the
breath and application of a particular mental focus.
- Forming an initial and therefore 'rough impression' of the clients'
state - physical, mental and emotional - through observation of
posture, movement and language. Integrating these personal observations
with specific detail provided by the client.
- Using your own body and sensing ability to appreciate the more
subtle influences in the clients internal and external worlds.
This includes your own instinctual feelings and spontaneous thoughts.
- Linking theory an d practice - this covers integration of previous
training and current work.
- The importance of personal supervision.